IHD in reboot loop again

Hello. My IHD is stuck in the reboot loop again. Can I get someone to reboot the comms hub again please?

I have the same problem for the third time this year 2/6. 1011, 2 /12. I have had no response to my e mail of 2/12 sent to help@bulb … . I also completed the reset form in the Bulb website.

Yeah, not the first time I’ve had it happen. So far the only way I’ve had anything back from bulb is through these boards.

We’ll see if someone picks it up. Seems stupid there’s not just a reboot button on the meter if this is so prolific.

1 Like

Anyone?

Would be appreciated.

My one has started doing it today :joy:

Only the third time this year I have had this issue which has always taken a long time to resolve, sometimes weeks…

Still what can you expect from a system that is costing us £13Bn which all goes on our bills.

Looks like my system has fallen off the network again so will try and find the link again which requests the fix which only takes a few weeks.

Wonderful thing, technology :slight_smile:

I’ve found it’s only taken a day to ‘fix’ once someone has requested the reboot. Unfortunately it takes much longer than that for Bulb to actually acknowledge you’re requesting help and take the action to sort it.

I’ve waited weeks after using the automated form on the site. But have had it up and running the next day when someone on here has replied and said they’re requesting the reboot.

A week and waiting for this thread now… :frowning:

::: Update::: I’ve been told by email it will take up to a month to reset the device.
What? A month to press a button in some data centre somewhere? Really?
Bulb technology? What an inadequate set up it seem to be!

Indeed, getting your meter back on the system takes weeks.

I think bulb have to request the DCC company to do it and I imagine one person in an office resetting meters for customers from all providers.

Of course, I would have thought as soon as a house stops sending data for 24hrs the system would automatically flag it up and take the appropriate action. Still £13Bn only buys you so much :slight_smile:

https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/

Still waiting if anyone from Bulb could let me know if they can set this in motion please?

I got a response and have to wait again :joy:
We are all paying for Smart Meters.

"We’ve requested for your comms hub to be remotely rebooted, which usually helps re-establish the connection.

If you live in or South of Manchester, the reboot will be complete in 2-3 weeks. If you’re North of Manchester, it will be six weeks."

Just as well other computer systems and gadgets work better than this or we would not be able to pay our bills.

According to Glassdoor, SmartDCC has a rating of 2.3 out of 5 from employees… so it seems like they’re an all round crappy company.

12 days now, anyone at bulb want to at least acknowledge my request? :innocent:

Hey @MortBM,

I’m really sorry for the delay! I’ve requested this for you now. We should get a result in a few weeks time. Let me know if you need an update :smile:

1 Like

Smart Meter IHD back on again. Yayy!

1 Like

Mine’s also back! But only showing gas now.

1 out of 2 ain’t bad :rofl:

1 Like

Week on; and still only Gas on the IHD.

Can someone from Bulb tell me if this is still waiting on the reset (can they reset gas and electricity separately? I thought the comms hub was on the electric meter so would do both?) or if this is a separate issue that can be resolved somehow?

Not happy when my usage is estimated, and not happy to do manual reads when I have a smart meter, and not happy with any other options really when It’s all been working perfectly fine previously. So would be good to get this back to the good old days when it was all going fine.

Quick bump. If anyone can tell me if this is fixable?