IHD keeps restarting

Hello
Our IHD has been in a restart loop for about a week ish. It’ll switch off then when it comes on says "connecting " then restarts.

On other posts that I have seen it says they were disconnected from the network so just wondering if that’s the case for us or if the unit is faulty?

Welcome to the club :slight_smile:

You can start by making the request to reboot it at https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/smart/ihd-issues

Then, perhaps in a few weeks, or if you live north of Manchester even longer it may start to work again.

You may want to read your meters at the end of the month and feed them into the Bulb website (just like in the old days). Smart meters are however a lot more difficult to read than the old ones.

Good luck :slight_smile:

I wonder how many meters have failed in this way any the issue is not electric provider percific.

Also of course the four LEDs continue to flash normally when this happens so I guess they are just to make it look impressive and do nothing.

1 Like

Hey @kevin2,

A warm welcome to Bulb community! :partying_face:

So this is true, your smart meters themselves have actually fallen off from the smart network. This is why your device is constantly restarting and is not displaying your usage.

Your IHD isn’t faulty, but I’ve just sent a request off to the DCC (Data Communications Company) who operate the smart network to reboot your home’s connection

In your area this can take 2-4 weeks, sadly :frowning: but this will resolve the issue!

The same has happened to my Smart Meters + IHD. I’ve noticed the IHD say’s version 8.2 now every time it reboots. Has this happened because of an update of some sort, or did it just randomly disconnect somehow?

By the way, this has never happened before in the entire year I’ve had smart meter’s. :thinking:

Requested a reboot via Live Chat, but hoping it starts working before my next billing date, so I don’t have to submit meter reads. Oh, how I was enjoying not worrying about those :roll_eyes:

Hi @yasinkp9091,

Your IHD reboot has been requested, and we should get the result through in a few weeks. We’re still receiving smart readings which is great so your billing is fine. Let me know if you want an update on this.

Hey @GeorgieS_at_Bulb

Thanks for letting me know that you’re still receiving readings. I thought you weren’t since the usage charts in both the Bulb App and online dashboard haven’t shown usage for the past few days.

Yes please, I’d like an update :grin:

Many thanks.

Not to worry @yasinkp9091!

We last received a reading on 07/12 onto your account which is why the usage data may be slightly behind. We should pull another set of readings onto your account close to your bill date so this should update then.

I’ll be able to let you know about the reboot in a few weeks. Post again then or send me a message and I’ll let you know whats happening.

1 Like

@GeorgieS_at_Bulb

Okay, that’s great. Usually daily and weekly usage doesn’t take long to show, so I got a bit worried :grimacing:

Good to know that this data should populate soon.

That’s fine. I’ll send u a reminder in a few weeks time if I remember myself, haha.

Thanks for all your help :blush:

My pleasure @yasinkp9091! Any other questions, feel free to post here.

1 Like

Hello
thanks for the reply :slight_smile: .
hopefully it’s sorted before a reading is due :slight_smile: i dont fancy doing it the old fashioned way now lol :slight_smile:

Hi there,

My IHD stop working approx. 2-3 weeks ago. Its in a loop that cant seem to connect.
I have tried running it out of the main and reserve battery and still nothing?

Is there anything you can do?

Thanks
Charlie

The same is happening to my IHD. It has been in a restart loop for 3-4 days. It’ll switch off then when it comes on says "connecting " then restarts.

I have made the request to reboot it at https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/smart/ihd-issues but no joy.

1 Like

My IHD is working again this morning and it took less than seven days!

No live (30min) data yet on the Bulb online app but SmartThings seems to be receiving data again from the IHD.

Will it last longer this time?

Perhaps I spoke too soon.

I noticed today’s cost went down rather than up and on checking gas costs for today have gone to zero, not even the 20p standing charge but it still shows the gas meter icon.

Free gas, can’t be bad :slight_smile:

Hello
Exactly same thing happen with ours this morning. Not sure if it helped but I switched ours off for a bit and then switched it back on then it was connected because it wasnt restarting just said 0.00 then after a while back up and running. so far so good :).

I guess these things will happen as it’s fairly new and I appreciate that it’s not bulbs fault and there will be delays etc.

BTW whats that behind you IHD ? Are you building something or testing?

Hi, IHD all by itself has started measuring gas use again so all is well.

That is a 2.1 stereo amplifier board with Bluetooth 5 from Amazon.