IHD not showing electricity for a month

I’ve tried for a month and followed all steps from the manual and spoke with the Bulb and all they told is just to try again the check steps on their web site and wait more 48 hours.

It is just wasting time. The Gas reading worked the moment the Engineer was here and electricity is already a month trying and waiting several times and Bulb says is try again?

Hi @Andyuk :wave: Welcome to Bulb community to begin with!

I’ve just had a sweep through your configs and made sure everything is set up correctly for both your gas and electricity, to ensure we’re able to get smart meter readings through. These should now be able to load into your Bulb account without an issue.

I’ve also issued another reset on my system for your IHD, so if you would be able to turn this back off and on again. If you don’t have any luck with this by the time 48 hours passes, we’ll be happy to take a deeper look into this for you :relaxed:

Lou :sparkles:

Hi Andy, I am having a similar issue. My smart meter device is showing that my gas supply has been disconnected. Shocked to discover this I most certainly was.

I immediately went to my boiler and checked, everything was working fine. Been out the actual gas meter, everything seems fine :thinking:. Signed into my account, yep you know, everything is fine. I am so very confused :confused: but cannot now speak to anyone until Monday, just have to hope my gas supply stays on.

Hi Andy, same here. IHD just blinkering all the time. Tried on and off etc etc. Cheers Darren.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with you IHD @jwilkinson18

I can see your electricity and gas meters are commissioned. It looks like the wifi might be an issue on your account. We can see that it was last online 4 days ago. Could you try moving it closer to the wifi connection?

Let me know how you get on

Hi @darrenrobertabel,

Welcome to community :wave: Thanks for your post!!!

Sorry to hear you are struggling with your in home display. I can see on your account it has dropped on the HAN signal. The good news is that your IHD is connected to the smart network, so it should just need a little push to fully connect to your meters and show your usage information. We can send a request from Bulb HQ to your IHD to try and get it talking to your meters again. You just need to fill out a short form with details of the issue in your Bulb account first.

Once you’ve sent that in, we’ll try and fix your IHD overnight, so it should start working within 24 hours. Make sure you keep your IHD turned on, and within 5 metres of your electricity meter overnight. Turn it off and on again in the morning if nothing has changed on the display.

If you need help, we have a guide to connecting your IHD to Wi-Fi.

Let me know how you get on

– Daisy :bulb:

Hi,

I’ve not used my ind since moving to Bulb last year … life has been complicated! Now connected - good connection with both meter and wifi indicated. But has not shown electricity usage at all over the last 4 weeks.
I’ve checked meter - both WAN and HAN flashing slowly.
Turned off and on.
Completely run down all power on ihd and restarted.
Completed the form a couple of days ago.
(And sorry, friend completed the same one again this evening:0( )
No change at all - still only able to access the gas usage.

What next please?

Hi @Maggie312

Welcome to community :wave:

I just checked over your account, both meters are commissioned so are sending readings through.

Please could you try the form another time?

I’ve also sent you an email follow up, if you could reply to that with a photo of your IHD that would be great as I would like to take a look at what you can see.

Ele :bulb:

Form completed again and ind left on. :+1:t2:

Hello again. I have tried numerous times but to no avail. On the IHD gizmo in the WiFi setion It states I am connected to the internet but the gizmo says “connection lost” across the screen along the bottom. The outside meter itself hasn’t changed in its appearance.

Best regards, Darren.

Hi @darrenrobertabel :wave:

I have noticed that your electricity smart meter has a firmware fault and so will need to be replaced. We picked this up and sent you an email about this on 22/09/21 and will be in touch over email again when you are able to book a job.

This fault does mean that for now your In-home display will not work and so hopefully once the new meter is fitted we can get everything connected up and working again.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this,

–KT :bulb:

Hi again. If the engineer needs access indoors then this can be arranged if he does not need indoor access then the meter is positioned in a perfect place outside for easy access 24/7.

Only query is, currently how effective is it for for monitoring accurately my useage as due to current high prices it has made my wife and I really think twice about the energy we consume and making as much savings as we can.

Best regards, Darren.

I had a smart meter fitted this week and my daily usage is showing on my bulb account but the IHD remains devoid of any data. I’ve moved it closer, switched it on and off several times but still nothing. The installer had trouble pairing it and I suspect gave up trying.

It’s far less annoying now it’s unplugged and stuffed in a drawer with other smart gadgets that don’t work either. I’m also saving electricity now it’s no longer plugged in!

Hi @andyb1712

Thanks for your post and welcome to community :wave:

I just checked over your account, we should be able to remotely commission your IHD to get it up and running.

I’ve bobbed you an email with instructions on this but please let me know if you have any more questions on here

Ele :bulb:

Hi @Ele_at_Bulb I’m in exactly the same situation as Andy. Although in my case my meters were installed 15th October. There is still no information on the IHD and the installer had issue with pairing. Could you also send me the instructions on how this could be paired?

The actual Comms hub seems to be now sending you gas and electric readings which is good, it’s just the IHD has no readings whatsoever on it for gas or electric. No meter reading/index either.
Have rebooted multiple times and filled out the online reset form a couple of times to no success too. The IHD is obtaining the correct time from the Comms hub but that’s the only bit of information it shows!
A colleague of yours suggested it might need a Comms hub reset but not convinced that’s the issue here.

Thanks

Hi @John123,

Welcome to community :wave: Thanks for your post.

I can see that my colleague Yusuf has been discussing this with you via email and that a comms hub reboot was processed yesterday. Has this worked your end??

– Daisy :bulb:

Nope, Comms hub reboot hasn’t done anything to resolve. The only thing the IHD shows is the time. (Time is correct however and always has been). Home screen shows dashes where electric and gas costs should display. Meter Information page says “Waiting for Meter reading” on both electricity and gas and above has been the case since installation 15th October.

Increasingly convinced the IHD wasn’t paired/configured properly during installation. Can someone confirm the next steps to resolve this please as considering this was installed in October I would hope it could have been sorted by now.
Thanks

Hi @John123 :wave:

I’ve looked into this further for you and it looks like your comms hub does need a reboot to reestablish the connection with your IHD, so this has been requested late last year.

I’m sorry for the delay on this. Every area has a smart network operator that works on solutions to connectivity issues like this. As soon as they’ve found a fix, your IHD will update.

– Meg :bulb:

Hi @megan_at_bulb,

Thanks - it’s not clear in your reply if the Comms hub reboot has been done but hasn’t fixed the issue, or is still pending. Could you please confirm.

You refer to it as a connectivity issue but there is connectivity of the IHD to the Comms hub because it is able to sync and get the correct time off the network.

Could this not just be a case of the IHD being only partially commissioned and to resolve would require further remote commissioning?

Thanks again for your help

Hi @John123 :wave:

A communication hub reboot is pending result. This typically takes up to 6 weeks but due to bank holidays etc this is taking a little longer.

We will be sure to contact you once the hub reboot has been completed.

– Robyn :bulb: