IHD not showing gas usage. Elec ok

My IHD isn’t showing my realtime gas usage, but it is showing the electricity usage. It stopped showing gas the other day. Nothing in IHD to indicate gas usage.
Also, my gas reading at the end of November was submitted as an estimate. How can this happen if it’s a smart meter?
I’m concerned the smart readings for gas have stopped.

Hi @johnboyb - welcome to community :wave:

We’re unable to talk to your gas meter right now due to a connection issue with the Communications Hub (comms hub) which sits on top of your electricity meter. This hub is the part of your meter setup that sends readings to Bulb and to your in-home display.

We’ve requested for your comms hub to be remotely rebooted, which usually helps re-establish the connection. The reboot will be complete in 2-3 weeks

Your gas meter and IHD should go back to normal after the reboot completes. If you don’t see any improvement after this time, please let us know and we can check up on the reboot request for you.

In the meantime, please send us manual readings to make sure your statements are accurate. If you’re not sure how to read your smart meter, please follow our guide.

Thanks for your patience whilst we get this sorted.

– Meg :bulb:

Hello. The gas usage is still not registering. Any idea when the reboot will happen? You mentioned 2-3 weeks but it’s been a lot more than that since.

Hey @johnboyb Thanks for the message, I have just checked on the account and we are still waiting to hear back on the result of the reboot. Sorry this has taken longer than the 2-3 week window but once we hear back we will know more about the next steps.

It may be worth popping us a message in a week or two and we can chase this up again, thanks for your patience so far and sorry for the delay.

– Carl :bulb:

Smart meter readings are still not happening from my meters. The last smart reads were now over 2 months ago in mid-December. Any further ideas on the reboot?

Hey @johnboyb We are sorry about the wait, this is taking longer than expected but we are still waiting for the results here. Would you like us to email you to keep you updated on this?

–Carl :bulb:

Yes please. I’d appreciate it if this can be fixed soon

What exactly is the problem and why is a reboot so different?

Thanks @johnboyb sometime these reboots can take longer than expected, we ideally would have liked to hear back from the network sooner but we will wait for confirmation from then on the status of your meter.

I have dropped you an email to keep you updated about this.

–Carl :bulb:

My meter readings (electricity and gas) are, once again, not being uploaded from my smart meter. They had only been working since the end of February, after also not working from Dec-Feb.
What’s the point of having a brand new smart meter if this happens all the time?
Energy is expensive enough without me having to remember to enter a customer reading to avoid estimates that may overstate my usage and increase my bill unnecessarily.