IHD showing £99,999 incorrectly

I’ve tried resetting the IHD. It’s the IHD6 and is connected to wifi.

Hi @gavchap

Welcome to the Bulb community! Looking forward to seeing you around.

I’m sure that gave you quite a shock, but don’t worry - you haven’t been providing gas for half the nation.

This is quite a rare issue, but one our smart team says will be updated and fixed within a week (once every 5 or 6 days your IHD has it’s weekly data updated, this fixes the problem). Sorry it’ll take a few days, but it should resolve itself.

How have you found using the IHD generally, has it been helping you keep control of energy consumption? That’s the goal after all.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. :slight_smile:

I’m not finding it that helpful really, it’s sat in our hallway, and I only look at it to find out how much we’ve been using, but then 90% of what we are using is background energy, like appliances and smart LED lights, and we don’t have much control over when we use them. It’s quite nice to see just how much things like tumble dryers and air con units use, but over all, we haven’t changed our energy usage much, apart from actually increasing it as I’m working from home at the moment, so I have a PC on much more than usual.

Much more useful for me (at the moment) would be to move to a smart tariff as that would mean cheaper daytime energy while I’m working from home.

Hi @gavchap

I understand entirely, if the majority of use is background usage that is harder to control. It’s still pretty nifty to be able to see how much energy those larger appliances use, though. If you have any suggestions on how we could make the IHD more useful in future we’d love to hear them?

I’m glad to hear you’re interested in our smart tariff. I’m going to send you an email, if you respond to me there we can register your interest. That way we’ll notify you as soon as we can get you on it :+1: