IHD showing full consumption from 12.00 Am to 08:00 AM when no Major appliances are working

Today, in the morning, when I woke up, I seen something very strange happening.

Though there is nothing major working and consuming electricity, the IHD was already showing that the consumption was in full load… As below:

Already from 12.00 AM, the consumption is high… when there is not much connected and being used… everyone is asleep…

From 12.00 Am till 07:15, already 3.86 KW is consumed??? How is this possible??? When nothing major was switched on???

And looking at the load, when no major appliances are being used, its already showing 2.001 KW load….

And as when I was taking videos and pictures, the load came down on its own…

So this is what it should be like, 223 watts and not 2.001 kW

So for me, it looks like I have been charged for something that I am not using……. And because of this my bills also are going high

This is also happened yesterday… from 12.00 AM to 7.00 AM there is consumption when everything is not used…

The same trend yesterday, we work from home so the maximum usage should be after 8.00 AM and not before that, so something is surely wrong here and I have been charged for something I am not using…

And this probably is going for a very long time I suppose…

Also, my Tarrif is not showing on the display, as below:

CSLSELECT???

This is a very major concern, and I need to get to the bottom of this.

Why is my consumption high when everyone is asleep.
We start to work from home after 08.00 AM, and looking at the trend, the average consumption after 08.00 Am is comparatively very low compared to the consumption between 12.00 AM to 08.00 AM

Anybody else faced a similar issue??

Thanks
Regards,

Have you checked whether your meter is showing the same usage as the IHD?

Do you have an immersion heater, perhaps? (they’re usually programmed to come on overnight)

Hello Steve,
Thank you for your reply, no I do not have.
Thanks

Hello Norman, How can i check teh meter usage?? you mean teh reading?

Yes. Perhaps take readings at 12am then again at 7am or 8am. The readings are in kWh, so the difference between the numbers will be your usage for that period. Compare that to the IHD figures to make sure the IHD usage is correct.

Hi @ed_tr

Thank you for posting and welcome to community :wave:t4:

So the IHD is simply there as a guide, and the usage charts on your account aren’t designed to be live and are still in beta mode. The IHD doesn’t also doesn’t include VAT and looking at your account it seems that your meter is a 1st generation smart meter and has not enrolled to the new dcc network. Therefore we have not been receiving any smart readings but instead manual readings from yourself. The only true way to calculate your usage is to take readings from the meter itself. This is how we issue your statement.

If you believe that the property is a cause for concern and is producing high bills, there are a few tests you can perform to check that your meter and electric appliances are functioning correctly, I am happy to send this over to you in an email as well as request for some images of your in home display so that we can investigate this further.

Please keep me posted and let me know how you got on by replying back to my email/

All the best,
–Suki :hibiscus: