IHD stuck in a boot loop

Back in Sept I reported to Bulb Support that our IHD is stuck in a boot loop. Support keep parroting the same advice “a connection reboot has been booked, this can take 6 weeks”. Even after 6 weeks, Bulb Support keep repeating the same statement. I’m starting to wonder if they’re bots!

Anyone got any ideas? We’re tempted to switch energy suppliers, just because Bulb Support is so bad! Thanks

Morning @Jorvik

Welcome to community :wave: and thanks for your post!

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with your In home display. I can see that Janelle is dealing with your request via email and is looking to try another reset.

Fingers crossed for you

– Daisy :bulb:

And we have to wait another 6 weeks? This is crazy!

According to our account, there’s been no smart readings since August. Everything after August has been an estimate!

Give us a reason to stay with Bulb.

Hi @Jorvik :wave:

Sorry to hear you’ve has a disappointing experience with us.

Right now, we are unable to connect with your meters due to a connection issue with the Communications Hub (comms hub) which sits on top of your electricity meter. This hub is the part of your meter setup that allows us to communicate with your meters through the smart network (WAN), receive data and also is what allows the IHD to display usage.

The fix for this issue is a reboot of the communications hub, which is done by the operators of the WAN, and does unfortunately take up to 6 weeks to complete.

I can empathise it must be frustrating to be working with such a time frame, but there is nothing that we are able to do to reduce this. In the meantime, I would recommend sending in some manual meter readings so we can make sure to bill you as accurately as possible.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this process

Ele :sunny:

Hi @Jorvik exactly the same thing has been happening with my meter since April. I’ve had at least 2 of the ‘6 week’ reboots but it’s still not working. Apparently, there needs to be some sort of software update from the meter manufacturer. I’ve been getting estimated bills ever since and although I always give real readings my electricity ones get ignored. Good luck - I hope your reboots work!

1 Like

Hey @dahaswell - sorry to hear that we aren’t able to connect to your meter. I’m a bit concerned about the electricity readings being ignored, as that could indicate the meter isn’t set up correctly on our side. So I’m going to pop you an email to get some more info, hope that’s ok. :blush: – Miriam