First off, congrats! And good luck with lugging around all those wardrobes. Luckily, sorting out energy is one of the easiest parts of moving home.
- Give us your final meter readings
- Bring Bulb over to your new home with you
- Will my payments change?
Let us know as soon as you move out
It’s super important to let us know when you’re moving out, so that we know to stop charging you for the energy at that property. Email us at email@example.com. As soon as your tenancy agreement ends, or your sale is completed, you are no longer responsible for the energy of the property. So, in the last couple of days that you’re responsible for the property, get in touch to tell us the final date and meter reading. Without this, your final bill will be produced using estimates. If we’ve had recent meter readings, estimates are usually pretty accurate, but it’s better safe than sorry.
Also, if you have them, please pass on the details of the new resident in the property so that we’re up to date. Since we’ll be supplying them, we need to get in touch.
We’ll use your final readings to send you a final statement and close your account. If you’re in credit we’ll refund this straight back to you, and if you’re in debt you’ll need to settle the bill.
And bring Bulb over to your new home with you
Don’t let something as small as a move come between us! We’d love to come to your new home with you.
When you move into your new home there will already be a supplier. Whether or not you’d like to take us with you, you should definitely take time to look into your energy. When people move in, they’re often on a “deemed” tariff, which is often a lot more expensive than a standard or fixed tariff, so it’s really not worth putting this one off.
- Contact the supplier at your new home and give them opening readings, so they don't start charging you for the previous occupier's usage
- They will probably have sent a letter. If you don't know who they are, just give us a ring and we can help find out who to call
- Give us a shout and we'll apply to switch it to Bulb
- This takes 3 weeks. We'll speak to the current supplier.
- Take a meter reading on the switch date
- We'll send this to the previous supplier so they can send you a final bill
And that’s it. Easy. In the meantime they will be your energy supplier
Will my monthly payments change?
Not necessarily. If your new home is similar to your old one and you don’t expect your usage to change, we can keep all the payments the same. If you think it’ll be different, or you just want to be sure, we’ll ask you some questions about the property to work out a sensible. We’ll then keep an eye on it to make sure you’re not paying too much or too little, so regular meter readings would be a great idea.