I'm moving out, how can I transfer account?

I am moving out of my flat currently supplied with elec/gas by bulb, I want to transfer the account to my flatmate before I go - what is the best way of doing this?

Hi @kathrynwilson-7 ,

Head to your Bulb account to tell us you’re moving out of your home.

You can do this by clicking ‘Move out’. We’ll ask when you’re moving out, and for final meter readings within 5 days of this date.

We’ll send your final bill within a week after you move out. Don’t cancel your Direct Debit during this time. If you have credit in your account, we’ll refund this to your bank account, and if you’re in debit we’ll need one last payment.

The “new” occupier (i.e. your flat mate) will receive a letter in the post around a week or so later asking them to sign up for Bulb under a “deemed contract” (or they can do it via the Bulb homepage and selecting “Moving home”->“Moving In”)

Hope it helps!

Many thanks for your quick reply! Unfortunately the Move Out button seems impossible to find on my account?!

When you log in - above the “Submit meter readings”, “Payments & Settings” etc buttons (and below your address) there should be a little picture of a lorry with “Move Out” next to it - just click that and you should be good.

Alternatively, if you go to the Bulb homepage, click “Moving home” and then click “Moving out of a home powered by Bulb?” you’ll then be able to login and fill out the details there.

Hey @kathrynwilson-7,

@RichyB is absolute spot on with what they’ve said here:

Thanks for sharing your wisdom! :1st_place_medal:

Another option is if your flatmate heads over to join.bulb.co.uk and signs up as normal there it will transfer the account on the date specified.

Please let me know if you need a hand with anything to do with this!

Georgie :bulb: