I'm sick of Bulb's smart meter emails

I DO NOT WANT A SMART METER.

I’m fed up receiving emails from Bulb pushing me to install a smart meter. I foolishly thought if I ignored them they would stop, but clearly this is not the case. So I’ve had to create an account to put in this request to stop these messages.

Hi @bryanehunter - welcome to the Bulb community! I’m sorry to see you’ve joined under such frustrating circumstances. We can absolutely make sure you don’t receive any further communications about smart meters.

I’ve updated your settings now so you don’t receive any further emails from us about smart meters. If you’d like us to change this at any point, you can drop us a message here. :blush:

Wow wish bulb would install a smart meter at my mother in laws house. But they crap customers service and policy they won’t

BULB another slagging off like I told you I would.

Hey @Smartie91

I’ve replied to you on another thread about your smart meter issue :blush:

please can you do the same for me - Bulb cannot fit a smart meter as I have the old storage heaters with the 2 tariff system - I am sick of texts and e-mails about engineers being in the area and so please can you make sure that i don’t receive another e-mail about smart meters until the technology exists for me thanks in advance.

Hi @awheatley

Welcome to the Bulb community :wave:

As requested, I’ve updated your settings now so you don’t receive any further emails from us about smart meters.

Do you think having the choice of what contact to recieve from Bulb would a useful feature in your Bulb account?

Thanks

Nathan

sure do :slight_smile: I was looking for that option
I’m one of these old fashioned types that only wants the basics
Thanks for sorting that for me.
Cheers

No problem @awheatley! There’s nothing wrong with that at all, I’ll pass the feedback on :sunglasses: