In house display smart meter

My in house display meter has stopped working. It just says waiting for current data and the time says 0.00. All other functions don’t work either. It stopped qorking after there was a power cut during the storms. Can anyone help please?

Hi @GS30 , :wave:t4:

Thank you for posting,

The ‘Waiting for Current Data’ message only appears when the display unit fails to acquire information from the smart meter. So in other words, it is a connection issue. The display unit cannot talk to the smart meter.

This error is only an issue for your in home display as your smart meter readings are coming through to us. May I ask if your In home display is within 5 meters of your electricity meter?

–Suki :hibiscus:

Thanks for replying. It isn’t within 5m of the smart meter and never has been. It was working perfectly until the recent storm when i came home to find there had been a power outage. I will try moving it closer and see what happens.

Hi @GS30 :wave:

If this hasn’t worked, could you try filling out this form.

Once you’ve sent that in, we’ll try and fix your IHD overnight, so it should start working within 24 hours. Make sure you keep your IHD turned on, and within 5 metres of your electricity meter overnight. Turn it off and on again in the morning if nothing has changed on the display.

If it doesn’t work, please try following the steps in your Bulb account again on a different date, as the fix can sometimes work on the second try. If it still hasn’t worked, please let me know.

– Meg :bulb: