Inaccurate average monthly usage figures

Why does your company keep stating inaccurate average usage figures when I send you accurate meter readings every month. Your statement states that my average usage is £65.04 monthly although my usage so far is £501.17 which equates to an average monthly usage of only £50.12 over the ten months I have been with you. Would I not be owing your company money if I was underlying by £5.04 per month as opposed to my statement saying that I have actually paid £50 more than I have used

Why does your company keep stating inaccurate average usage figures when I send you accurate meter readings every month. Your statement states that my average usage is £65.04 monthly although my usage so far is £501.17 which equates to an average monthly usage of only £50.12 over the ten months I have been with you. Would I not be owing your company money if I was underlying by £5.04 per month as opposed to my statement saying that I have actually paid £50 more than I have used

Average cost usage figure are ideally based on the last 12 months actual usage in kWh and using the current tariff costs.

It isn’t entirely accurate for you to use the previous 10 months in £ to arrive at an average monthly costs.

You need to use your previous 12 months energy usage in kWh and the current tariffs to arrive at future average monthly costs.

If you know your previous energy usage in kWh enter these in the Bulb quote page at: https://join.bulb.co.uk/ the result will then give the costs for the next 12 months. You can use this to arrive at a monthly cost.

As you have done, submitting monthly readings will make the Bulb suggested average usage more accurate.