Incentives for rejoining

Hi , Is there any incentives for rejoining , I joined Octopus last year and to be honest , They are not has good as Bulb and thinking about rejoining

@malc_tan If you were a Bulb customer in the last 12 months and received a referral reward when you joined, you won’t be eligible for another one.

My understanding however, is that if you were a Bulb customer in the last 12 months but have never received a referral reward, then you are eligible this time.

Hopefully someone from Bulb can confirm or otherwise.

[P.S. I’ll happily supply my referral link if you need one!]

1 Like

It was mid summer that i left bulb , It was when they increased their prices and at the time , Octopus was cheaper and then 2 weeks into my new contract Octopus increased their prices, So i was no better off apart from the ÂŁ50 i got from Octopus.

When i left Bulb, , Bulb contacted me, No pressure to stay with them, But i praised Bulb, Its by far the best company that i have been with.

I will wait until a year has passed and see about rejoining

2 Likes

You’ll find the full terms and conditions relating to the referral scheme in Section 20 of the linked page below. Worth checking before you make any switching decisions if a referral reward influences the outcome:

I don’t wish to influence you(I have no interest, financially or otherwise).
But I would point out that bulb increased their prices again in October

I don’t wish to influence you(I have no interest, financially or otherwise).
But I would point out that bulb increased their prices again in October

15th September that i got the email from bulb, So it was the end of summer, Its seems a long time ago.

Regards referrals, Referrers must be existing Bulb members. Recruits must not have already signed up to Bulb or be an existing member, already on supply with Bulb, or a member of Bulb in the preceding 12 months, using any email address or alias.

If your reading this Bulb and you want to offer a sweetner, feel free :wink:

Hi @malc_tan! :wave:

@norman7115 is right - if you received a referral credit in the last 12 months, you won’t be eligible. However if it’s been longer than a year you’ll be eligible to receive this again.

If you have any questions about signing back up, do let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

I will be back in October … Don’t know why it is about Octopus, Maybe its the fact they raised their prices after i joined thats narked me

@Jim_at_Bulb - just to confirm - so if it’s been longer than 12 months since membership, a previous customer will be eligible even if they received a referral reward previously for the same property?

Hi @norman7115 - that’s right! It may be that we need to add it manually if it doesn’t work automatically but that’s our criteria yes.

Hi @GeorgieS_at_Bulb - thanks. So are we saying that section 20.2.6 from the T&Cs (linked in an earlier post) is no longer applicable?

1 Like

Anyone at Bulb care to reply to the previous question of a week ago regarding the T&Cs?

Also of relevance are the automated referral rejection emails, which have been wrongly rejecting certain categories of eligible referrals since the emails started (around August 2019).

e.g. Where someone signed up previously but cancelled their switch, the referral is wrongly rejected next time they apply. Also when a previous customer rejoins via a referral link (but didn’t receive a referral reward first time round), the referral is also incorrectly rejected.

There are other examples. Surely this should’ve been fixed by now?

1 Like

Bumping this thread again in the hope someone from Bulb will reply to the last couple of posts.

1 Like