Incorrect energy usage price

For the month of November i have used 584 kwh so applying the rates, the cost should be approximately £87.43 including standing charge. However, under my account energy usage the cost for November shows as £113, so where did this £23 come from?

For clarity, could you show your working? It’s impossible to say what’s wrong without knowing exactly what you’ve done.

Are you confusing the bill with your monthly payment?

Also depending on when you joined there could be approx a third at the old rates and two thirds at the new rate. (price increase)

under my account information the rates are as follows 13.71p per kWh and 24.56p per day, my reading of Nov 2nd is
17427 and Dec 1st is 18011. So the total kwh is 584 excluding Nov 1st. with 30 days, the standing charge becomes ~£7.37 and the electricity cost is ~80.07. The total cost should then add up to ~£87.44. The only price change that occurred is the rate per kWh from 13.7 to 13.71 since my calculations are assuming the higher rate, it shouldn’t be £23 lower.

Your bill PDF on page 3 will detail exactly what calculation has been done. What does it say?

Are you confusing the bill with your standard monthly payment? Given you’ve submitted meter readings today on 1st December, and it takes around 3 days for the bill to be produced and the PDF available meaning you can’t have seen it yet, I suspect you’re confused about how the monthly payment system works with Bulb and many other suppliers.

Take a look here for more information - How Bulb charges for energy usage – Bulb

@nihilis

Just a thought is your figure of £113 obtained by looking at Bulb account

@allanr Yeah it is

@Hooloovoo Now that you mentioned it, I checked with my past statements and none of them are actually accurate with the usage dashboard. So it seems that this time, the usage dashboard is just even more inaccurate.

@allanr Yeah it is .

My energy usage graphs have never lined up with my statements (which are accurately based on my meter readings) and therefore I tend to ignore the graphs. I’m lucky in that I keep my own spreadsheet of energy usage, costs and DD payments so don’t really need the graphs.

@Hooloovoo Now that you mentioned it, I checked with my past statements and none of them are actually accurate with the usage dashboard. So it seems that this time, the usage dashboard is just even more inaccurate.

This doesn’t sound right.

Are you saying that if you go to Payments and Statements and look down in the list where it says “Energy Used” followed by “Download statement”, that the amount in the “out” column subtracted from your balance does not equal the “subtotal” amount charged on page 1 of the statement?

If these two amount match, which they should, how do they compare to what you’re expecting?

@Hooloovoo

I am guessing what is being said is that the information in the statements are correct, but the costs shown on the statements are not mirrored on the Energy usage graphs at: Bulb account

I am guessing what is being said is that the information in the statements are correct, but the costs shown on the statements are not mirrored on the Energy usage graphs at: https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/usage

Thanks. I can’t check mine now, since I’m on the smart tariff the energy usage graph doesn’t work any more.

I don’t recall it being wrong though …