Incorrect Gas estimate at start of contract

Hi,
Just changed over from Scottish Power and both they and Bulb have given a very incorrect estimated reading for the gas meter on the day of changeover. It is actually wrong to the tune of about £300 - Scottish Power having wildly overestimated the amount of gas used - bizarrely even though they have an actual read from only about 3 weeks before. Scottish Power are looking for that money - which has not yet been spend, and won’t be for about a year. I presume Bulb want to take it up with them - as otherwise money goes to SP that should go to Bulb. I’ve raised it with a guy called Krinan who helped the changeover - but not heard anything back. Can you guys sort it, or give a mechanism to sort it?

Hi, Can you guys sort it, or give a mechanism to sort it?

Were you aware this is a public forum and in essence none of us guys (i.e. fellow customers) can help to sort out your problem? Best if you contact Bulb direct, their details are on the Help page, please click the Help button at the top of this page.

As an aside.

Can I assume you supplied Bulb with a gas meter reading a couple of days before your switch?

Were you also giving regular meter readings to Scottish Power?

Ah, thanks Allanr. It was my first post, and I thought I had seen Bulb staff respond to others.

I did supply Bulb with a reading and Scottish Power had taken a reading themselves. The backstory is long and painful. This is a newbuild and they had misallocated the gas meters between 2 flats. Since the two flats had different suppliers, and changes of occupier, it took years to actually get it sorted out. Even though it is done now, the current incorrect estimate is clearly influenced by my neighbour’s meter readings. Seems that the algorithm that makes the predictions is as confused and as underwhelming as all the utility suppliers have been.

Ah, thanks Allanr. It was my first post, and I thought I had seen Bulb staff respond to others.

Easily done and Bulb do respond to queries on this forum but ideally specific account problems are best with by contacting Bulb direct?