Incorrect meter bills

My economy 7 meter was faulty for two years and my storage heaters never worked. My brother in law helped me get it eventually replaced after fighting with bulb for nearly 1 year. Problem is now the new meter readings were and still are incorrect even after sending endless emails to bulb and submitting meter reads. Bulb had it that the meter started at zero and this is incorrect as a week after installation the readings were in the thousands. I have now been billed for a £400 bill. Why won’t bulb sort this out as I suffer from mental health and my brother in law says it should not be his problem to sort out and bulb should take my past averages on bills and bulb should honour it. I have a smart meter being installed tomorrow and that is just going to mess things up more !!!

Don’t bother having the smart meter fitted till bulb has sorted everything out. They are bad enough when you’re in credit, don’t even try to imagine what they would be like ifvthey thought you were in debt!

I inadvertently sent a wrong meter reading starting with a 5 instead of a 3. I’ve now sent Bulb a photo of the meter display but heard nothing. I’ve tried the online chat but it just closes straight down. Luckily I’ve not paid any of the extra they say I owe but need to get this corrected. Very difficult when no one responds!

They are absolutely pathetic. I had a faulty meter replaced and the start reads they claim was zero and this was not the case and started in the thousands and have billed me for that and have tried for months to sort it out. Every time they make things worst and no way of contacting them as when I get a named email and reply they no longer are on my case. Cannot even change to a different supplier

Hi @Needz1966 :wave: Welcome to Community,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you’ve had with your billing since getting your meter exchanged.

I have taken a look at your account and you are correct, the opening readings for your meter exchange in January are incorrect. I have a photo from the engineer on the day of your installation which shows readings did not start at 0 and so I have amended this for you.

I have reissued your statement to reflect this change and that should arrive with you over an email shortly.

Let me know if you have any questions about this,

– KT :bulb:

Hi @MandyJG :wave: Welcome to Community,

I have taken a look at your account and can see where the mistake was made with your gas reading. That is nothing to worry about I have changed it to the correct read for you.

Your new statement should arrive over email shortly.

Thanks,

– KT :bulb: