Increase in monthly payments

I’ve just had an email confirming that my monthly payments are being increased due to my usage. They have almost doubled and the highest I have ever paid for gas and electricity anywhere and that’s with moving to bulb from one of the big six supplier. I am absolutely disgusted at the amount they are charging me from £83 a month to £169 a month. How can this be right?

I’ve just had an email confirming that my monthly payments are being increased due to my usage. They have almost doubled and the highest I have ever paid for gas and electricity anywhere and that’s with moving to bulb from one of the big six supplier. I am absolutely disgusted at the amount they are charging me from £83 a month to £169 a month. How can this be right?

Initially I would keep your DD at £83 but bear in mind your DD should be sufficient so as not put your account into a debit position as you need to pay one month in advance for your energy use.

Please see https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003405632-How-do-Bulb-payments-and-statements-work- on how to control your account if it goes into a debit situation.

Well the first question to ask is - has your usage actually increased? Have you been submitting regular monthly meter readings? If not, then your “usage” will be based on estimates and could very well be wrong.

If it turns out your payments have gone up because your usage genuinely has increased, switching supplier isn’t going to help that.