Increase in payments

So I’m currently 271 in credit , my direct debits are 140 a month , I get a email just saying next month bulb want to increase my payment to 212 a month . WHAT, …you are joking , looks like new energy company tomorrow… oh by the way they were going to take 212 next month automatically. Only been with them 4 months .

Check this link:
https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/7804/have-we-been-sold-a-pup#latest
Go to your account and adjust to a level that suits whilst ensuring you stay 1 month in advance.

So I’m currently 271 in credit , my direct debits are 140 a month , I get a email just saying next month bulb want to increase my payment to 212 a month . WHAT, .........you are joking , looks like new energy company tomorrow.. oh by the way they were going to take 212 next month automatically. Only been with them 4 months .

Are the unit rates (pence per kWh) and the standing charges lower than what you were charged by your previous supplier? Then you are still saving money.

Don’t mistake “the monthly direct debit” for “the bill”. They are almost entirely unrelated for any given month. Also, perhaps your usage has gone up? Have you been submitting regular meter readings to keep your account accurate and up to date?