Increased payments

I have received an email informing me that my monthly payments are to be increased. Since I am well in credit I cannot see the need for increased payments. Ally Skinner

I have received an email informing me that my monthly payments are to be increased. Since I am well in credit I cannot see the need for increased payments. Ally Skinner

Just to be clear, you’ve posted on a public forum visible to the entire internet, and not private communication with Bulb. Did you mean to post your full name? Many on here prefer some anonymity. You can edit your post with the little gear icon on the right if this is not what you intended.

There are several reasons why a monthly payment might be increased even though you are well in credit. The most likely is that you are using more energy than expected, and so your rate is suggested to increase to ensure you don’t end up overdrawn by the end of the winter period despite being in credit right now. This sometimes happens if estimated readings have been used for billing, and so to help prevent this you should always ensure you enter your actual readings each month just before your billing date.

If you keep on top of your usage, take regular meter readings, and you’re confident that your monthly payment is still suitable then you are free to set the payment level to what you consider to be suitable despite any suggested change from Bulb.