Increasing DD

I have been with Bulb and my first DD of £70 was taken at the beginning of September. My wife and I are OAP’s, registered disabled
and both have impaired sight. Since starting with Bulb they have attempted to increase my monthly DD to £128 per month notwith-
standing they estimated, on past readings with former supplier, my annual spend for gas and electricity would be in the region of £1289 p.a.
What is going on, when they increase DD estimates every week or less?

@MichaelC

Very worrying for the two of you

I’m just another customer so can’t give you a definitive answer, but my suggestion is:

1. Have you been submitting regular monthly meter readings when requested by Bulb, this will ensure you have accurate statements? I appreciate you have only just started with Bulb.

2. Is your Bulb account in credit to pay in one month in advance for your energy? If you have sufficient credit then under Bulb;s T&Cs you are able to keep your DD at its current amount.

3. If you don’t have sufficient credit then you will need to increase your DD to an amount that satisfies the one month in advance payment requirement. Also you can do a one off top up to your account to have the sufficient credit.

Thank you. Your comments have been very helpful. Whilst we are in credit we will top up to the level required.

Thank you again and Merry Christmas to you.