Initial Meter Reading

I sent you the initial meter reading for my account. For some reason you have passed on an estimated meter reading to my previous supplier which they have charged me on. How can this be corrected?

Hi @Gail , thanks for getting in touch. We sent out your customer readings of 18 m3 and 55260 kWh. However, the gas reading didn’t pass validation. We’re not always told why and it’s especially odd here because the estimate issued is very close to your reading.

The simplest thing for us to do is adjust our opening reading to the same estimate your old supplier is closing on. Which is what we’ve done.This ensures you aren’t double billed. If the difference was 100 m3 or more different, it would be worth reagreeing with the old supplier. This is a kind of industry standard.

Let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

I have a similar issue.
I switched to Bulb on 31 Dec 2020 and as requested submitted Gas & Electric readings. (on 30 Dec). On 15 January I get my final bill from old supplier (SSE) which has electric reading above my current (20th Jan meter reading) .

Unfortunately I did not record the meter reading I sent to BULB on 30 Dec but it was close to 1/3 less than SSE reading being used.

I find this completely unacceptable. Especially since the meter concerned is a smart meter to so absolutely no reason for the large discrepancy.

I have tried reporting this to Bulb but cannot find contact details.
Before going to SSE I would like back from Bulb details of meter readings I submitted in 30 Dec.

On this latter point, why can I not see the meter reading I have submitted on the Bulb website & why does Bulb not quote these numbers back to me in the confirmation emails I receive?