Insane monthly direct debits

Why does bulb keep asking me to up my direct debit although I’m several hundred pounds in credit and my monthly usage is a fraction of what they keep demanding. Also their smart meter consumer unit has never worked since it was installed. Be warned the smart meter system is DuM and doesnt work wished I had stayed with old fashioned meters.

Bulb regularly recommend changing my direct debits higher by about £15-20 in spite of the fact I have a credit balance of £226. Also the average monthly usage is inflated. I just ignore these readings!!! Don’t forget YOU are in control of your direct debit and what Bulb say are just suggestions so ignore them, I do!!!

Bulb regularly recommend changing my direct debits higher by about £15-20 in spite of the fact I have a credit balance of £226. Also the average monthly usage is inflated. I just ignore these readings!!!!! Don't forget YOU are in control of your direct debit and what Bulb say are just suggestions so ignore them, I do!!!

And that money will be earning interest for Bulb, not for the customers! Only pay what you owe.

If customers followed the information in https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003405632-How-do-Bulb-payments-and-statements-work- I don’t see why there should be any problems?

Why does bulb keep asking me to up my direct debit although I'm several hundred pounds in credit ...

… Also their smart meter consumer unit has never worked since it was installed.

You answered your own question. Likely your meter readings are being estimated. Submit manual readings as you did before, and your bills will stop being “insane”. Yes, I know it’s only a work around and not a solution. But you’ve no exactly lost anything have you? You used to submit readings with the “old fashioned meters”, just continue to do the same for now until smart meter fiasco sorts itself out. The only real annoyance is that you’ll no longer have a “submit readings” button and so you’ll need to email them in.