Installation of new meters

I have had two emails requesting that I arrange for a new meter to be fitted whilst there were installers “in the area”. I am very reluctant to do so as I have read a lot of bad reports about awful inaccuracies in the readings. This mornings report in the Sunday Telegraph does not make me any more reassured and I recommend that you read it. I also note that you say the supply and installation of the meters is “free”? This is not substantially correct, is it?

I don’t know about specific emails asking you to change your meter. But I recently had a new electric meter fitted by Bulb as our existing one stopped working and there was no charge at all.

The only problem I’ve had is that the new one was fitted 2 months ago and they haven’t updated the system yet so it won’t accept the meter readings so is still estimating my electricity usage.

The only problem I’ve had is that the new one was fitted 2 months ago and they haven’t updated the system yet so it won’t accept the meter readings so is still estimating my electricity usage.

You say that’s the “only problem” but let’s face it, as problems go that’s a pretty fundamental one isn’t it? I mean for an energy supplier, handling the meter and any changes is basically their One Job.