Installing Smart Meters

had an e-mail asking me to book an appointment to get smart meter installed - great I thought - clicked the link etc. to be told that bulb weren’t installing in my area ? Anyone else get this ?

had an e-mail asking me to book an appointment to get smart meter installed - great I thought - clicked the link etc. to be told that bulb weren't installing in my area ? Anyone else get this ?

Regardless of this I would hold fire for a while whilst problems with Smart meters have been sorted out.

Also had the email but was unable to proceed as we are on Economy 7 with storage heaters (which Bulb were already aware of). Apparently this means we can’t have smart meters yet, although there appears to be some confusion about this. Ovo/Kaluza are installing intelligent internet connected Dimplex Quantum Heaters to allow automatic charging whenever wholesale tariffs are low on the grid. Allanr has the best suggestion; there are so many issues surrounding the introduction of smart meters that it’s worth waiting for all the bugs to be sorted out!

thanks for the comments - got another e-mail today - unfortunately the same result :confused: will hold off for now !

I’d wait until the smart meters actually work