"Is it true price goes up by 117pounds in april" - @Winston66

Last night @Winston66 was spamming me with questions about a price increase in April. I explained that he was confused regarding the OFGEM cap increase and how it doesn’t affect Bulb, but he was having none of it. I suggested he post on the community rather than PMing me personally for no good reason, but he appears to be reluctant. So here I am doing it for him.

February 21, 2019 8:57PM Well I was told today by bulb if you need truth ask them just ask are prices increasing in april ask if your price stays same ok
February 21, 2019 9:01PM Honestly I was told 2day
February 21, 2019 9:29PM I asked Eleanor she said no comment
February 21, 2019 9:59PM Ok my last comments bulb prices up by 30april ok

What’s this all about then @“Eleanor at Bulb”? Did @Winston66 contact you and you replied “no comment”?

Clearly he has got a misunderstanding somewhere. Either that or he’s some stooge from another energy supplier?! I see he’s a new community member and has only visited twice according to his profile. Some dirty tricks going around if that’s the case.

@Winston66 did send me a message yesterday evening around 9pm. I don’t always pick up messages outside of office hours so sorry you didn’t get a response straight away.

The short answer is no: We will not be increasing our tariff by £177 in April.

The new price cap will come into effect in April 2019. Many of the Big Six will be increasing their Standard Variable tariffs to reflect the upper limit of the cap. We will not.

Thanks Eleanor.

There you go @Winston66 … is that enough to convince you?

I’m still intrigued as to who you claim from Bulb told you the tariff was increasing.

Is it still true that your prices aren’t going up this month, @“Eleanor at Bulb”? If so, you might be interested to know that there is an organisation called Money Expert currently on Market St in Manchester city centre claiming that your prices ARE going up and that I should change supplier to Octopus, as they predict you will add an extra £8 per month onto my bill every month between now and October.

Hi @katieastrophe

We are still not putting our prices up!

Thank you for letting us know about Money Expert. We report these kinds of practices.

It’s interesting you mention Octopus Energy in that @katieastrophe : I’ve had their sales people come around to the house (in Mansfield) saying that Bulb were putting up their prices as well as few weeks (nearly 2 months) ago. Even though switching the Octopus would actually cost me more money ‘now’ (as the unit costs were higher) they still tried to convince me to switch ‘just in case you might pay more in the future’.