Is it worth switching to Smart tariff

Dear Community members,

I am currently on Variable tariff, and thinking of moving to smart tariff.
Currently I have smart meter which came with EON who was the initial provider.

1. Is it worth moving to smart meter? Can please existing users with smart tariff share their experience?
  2. Will this smart meter be compatible with BULB as well?
  3. Will there be any setup charges from BULB?
  4. Will BULB provide a meter monitor which I can check from home? If yes will it show any graphs for peak, off peak and night usage?

Below are my current tariff prices.
Tariff
Vari-Fair
Exit Fees
£0.00
Estimated Annual Cost
£599.46

Electricity
Payment Method
Direct Debit
Electricity Unit Rate
13.43p per kWh
Electricity Standing Charge
20.44p per day
Assumed Annual Consumption
1468.00 kWh

Gas
Payment Method
Direct Debit
Gas Unit Rate
3.53p per kWh
Gas Standing Charge
20.44p per day
Assumed Annual Consumption
7169.00 kWh

Thank you.

I am currently on Variable tariff, and thinking of moving to smart tariff.

All Bulb’s tariffs are variable, including the smart tariff. There are no fixed tariffs.

1. Is it worth moving to smart meter? Can please existing users with smart tariff share their experience?

I could share my experience, but my usage profile will be irrelevant to you and your usage profile. Only you can say whether the smart tariff would work for you, based on your typical daily usage profile.

2. Will this smart meter be compatible with BULB as well?

Impossible to say until Bulb attempt to read it. If I remember correctly from discussion on here, previous e.on meters have not been readable.

3. Will there be any setup charges from BULB?

No setup charge, and no charge to change back to single-rate if the smart tariff doesn’t work out for you.

4. Will BULB provide a meter monitor which I can check from home? If yes will it show any graphs for peak, off peak and night usage?

No, you should use the one provided by the original supplier. Again if I recall correctly from discussion on here, e.on didn’t provide In Home Displays, but instead opted to display usage via an app that never appeared. Bulb will not provide an IHD for you. However, if it turns out your SMETS1 meters are not DCC compliant within the next 12-18 months, Bulb will swap them out with their SMETS2 meters at which point an IHD will be provided. That doesn’t help you right now, of course.