is my direct debit working?

Hi it seems i owe you some monies tho I cannot understand whether or not anything is being paid to you from my account set up with a direct debit can you help me on this one … it says monies in zero and monies out lots and lots do not understand why unless this is normal and we are having a bad day … or something simlar …

Oh I do not hope i end up talking to myself on this one i have asked a question and the am asked to leave a comment about my question, so how do you get to ask anyone about what is happening if i end up making comments about the question I have just asked?
Trying to ask questions such as the one above seems to be a little bit tricky and this is not helpful. Advise please …

Someone should sort this out otherwise this could spoil a nice day … !!!

Someone should sort this out otherwise this could spoil a nice day .... !!!!!

I am sure you will find Bulb to not run from answering questions and will get back on this one. However you have posted on a Sat and they can only be contacted Mon-Fri by email, phone or live chat.

Hi @BunnyHumper it looks good on our side currently! As payment details are bit private to give us a ring, email or chat as per @scudo’s instructions if you’d like some more clarity!