Is there any reason why I can't switch away from Bulb?

I know its only been a couple of months but with your price increase and extra monthly payments I am seriously thinking of changing supplier
Any reason why I cannot ?

I know its only been a couple of months but with your price increase and extra monthly payments I am seriously thinking of changing supplier Any reason why I cannot ?

Why should there be any reason why you cannot change?

Customers of Bulb using different amount of energy and therefore changing supplier may be right for one customer but not for another customer.

Hi @Animal ,

No - Bulb do NOT charge exit fees nor do they lock you into a lengthy contract (it’s a rolling month contract) so you are free to move to any other supplier at any time if you want.

However, most suppliers are putting up their prices (as the ‘supply cost’ of electricity and gas has gone up) and most will want you on a fixed-length contract so if prices go down, you will not be getting that discount (but, on the flip side, if prices go up, you won’t get an increase either - but the fixed-length contracts normally have a higher unit cost to cover the supplier for that).

Last time I checked (just a week ago), other electricity/gas suppliers would actually cost me £30+ per year than Bulb (I think one did come in £9/year cheaper - but considering Bulb’s £50 referral fee bonus, all it takes is to get one signup (or use somebodies link when you sign up) and that’s a big saving).

If you are looking at switching, remember to compare unit costs and actual usage figures - sometimes switch sites and the like will present ‘typical usage savings’ (i.e. 3 bed house) which may not reflect your actual predicted pricing and once you are locked into a 12 month+ contract, there’s not much you can do.

Brilliant ,at last a company that answers questions

Just to clarify, this is a user forum. All your answers are from customers like yourself.

Just to clarify, this is a user forum. All your answers are from customers like yourself.

Apart from when they are from bulb people with “@bulb” after their name.

(Hi Hooloovoo!)