Is this an actual supplier or just a switching service???

I’m confused as I just signed a contract with luma as they were the cheapest. But I got an email saying that bulb were going to take a direct debit on the 1st July?

Could someone put my mind at rest.

I'm confused as I just signed a contract with luma as they were the cheapest. But I got an email saying that bulb were going to take a direct debit on the 1st July?

Could someone put my mind at rest.

Bulb are an actual supplier. I had never heard of Luma until your post but it appears they are a credit card company.

It is totally unclear to me why signing a contract with Luma would generate and email from Bulb saying you have switched to the latter?

This is one for the Bulb team to sort out, mostly it is customers of Bulb who respond on this community forum. Bulbs contact details are on this page: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb-

Hi @jamunmiks

We’re a supplier. We are a different company to Lumo energy.

Did you switch through a price comparison website and if so, which one? It would be good to understand what’s going on here.

If you have signed up to Bulb unintentionally, we’ll send you a welcome pack. You have the opportunity to withdraw a switch on your Bulb account within the 14 day cooling off period. We’ll make sure you switch to the supplier that you want to be with!

@Eleanor

So it is Lumo not Luma?

Sorry @Allanr - the thread hadn’t refreshed before I saw your post.

There is an energy company called Lumo. Is this the one your were talking about @jamunmiks ?

I think it’s possible that Jamunkiks has used a price comparison website and accidentally signed up to Bulb but we need to find out if this is the case.

It could be a problem with the price comparison site.