Is this company a joke?

Is this company a joke or what!!! Just sent me an email saying they want to increase my direct debit from £66 a month to £115. KISS MY COZY BACKSIDE!!!

Why dont you calm down and go to your account and change the direct debit to an amount that is in line with your usage .

Go to Your account…then… Account tariff & information

Yet another post from someone who fails to realise that bulb are only trying to estimate customers annual usage and average out their bills as best they can, sometimes based on fairly limited data! If you don’t like the suggested direct debit you can specify your own and top up as required. However I suspect you will also be quick to complain when your low direct debit does not cover your winter usage and your account falls into arrears.

@Angrybulbcustomer if you have a look at this post there is a discussion on how payment increase recommendations are calculated by bulb. (https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/6639/frequently-asked-questions#latest).

I think it would be more palatable if any email advising a price increase included details of how the revised price was worked out.

Personally I don’t have a problem as I can work out what my own DD payments should be based on my last 12 months energy use and applying whatever the current unit rates are. I set my DD so that in a rolling 12 months time my balance is as close to zero as possible.

@Angrybulbcustomer if you have a look at this post there is a discussion on how payment increase recommendations are calculated by bulb. (https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/6639/frequently-asked-questions#latest).

@Angrybulbcustomer you can also check out this comment I’ve left on a similar thread. It explains a bit more about the payment review process.

@Allanr we’re concentrating on making the payment review process more transparent. Using simple algebra could be one way that we do this.

Currently our payment review emails say:

Your account is in £XX credit
Your monthly payments are £XX
By this time next year, your payments will be in £XX debit
We suggest you increase your payments to £XX

The copywriters are currently working on how we can make this even clearer.

@Eleanor at Bulb

Excellent news, I believable this will go a long way to overcoming the constant postings on the forum about why the DD has increased.

To put it into perspective the number of people who post on the forum because they have an issue is an extremely small percentage of your customer base.

To put it into perspective the number of people who post on the forum because they have an issue is an extremely small percentage of your customer base.

And many of those complaining seem to be, shall we say, not the sharpest tool in the box.

It was the same when I used to post on the Scottish Power forums. So many complaints that are basically self inflicted through not submitting meter readings, or simply not even looking at their bills at all.