Isolation Unit

How do I get an isolation unit installed? My electrician said he needs to investigate the Hanley block, but can’t do so unless there’s an isolation unit so he can stop the power going in. He said the utility company would be able to help. I can’t find any contact details for Bulb. Does anyone know?

Help button. Then enter “contact” in the search box or just scroll down. They charge about £105.

Heya @TommyV

You can drop us an email on or give us a ring on 0300 30 30 365 Monday -Friday, 9am-6pm.

It’s best to give us a call and we’ll organise for the isolator switch to be installed :slight_smile:

@TommyV, they can be installed free of charge as part of a meter installation (for example a smart meter installation) so if the work does not need to be done urgently it might be worth waiting.