I've left and anticipated a refund.

Just wondering how long it takes to leave. It has been three weeks now and although I have calculated my bill and know where I stand, Bulb haven’t. How long is the process taking at the mo?

I left as Bulb were building up a ridiculous cash balance with my money and were trying to raise the direct debit again.

I only submitted readings to Pure Planet with photos to verify. The independent checks are completed, the final readings have been in my account for over a week. I am past the point of a “normal” run invoice being produced… This could to some look like a manually imposed stalling policy perhaps? I was hoping business was brisk to fill the two point eight million pounds cash hole in last years accounts? I hope the generous incentive scheme designed to attract customer numbers hasn’t over stretched this forward looking business.

How long is the process taking at the mo?

Can take up to six weeks.

The independent checks are completed, the final readings have been in my account for over a week.

I’m interested how you know the independent checks are complete?

I'm interested how you know the independent checks are complete?

I wondered that. I assume that since the opening readings given to the new supplier have apparently been showing as the final readings in the Bulb account “for over a week” then that must mean all the checks are complete. The readings wouldn’t be showing in the Bulb account if they hadn’t been completed and sent over.

@Hooloovoo

Most likely I misread the posting? I assumed the person was referring to the readings being in the Pure Planer account not the Bulb account.

Hi @three2twentyplus

Your final bill was issued on November 26th. Under the Energy Switch Guarantee, we aim to get refunds to you within 2 weeks. You should have received an email from us explaining this process to you. So you should get a refund in the next couple of weeks.

We’ve just written a new blog post about our final billing process.

We’ve not been good enough at issuing final bill refunds within the two week period once the final bill has been issued. We’re working hard to make that 100% of our members are refunded on time.

Eleanor at Bulb

Interesting Blog.

Two minor points:

1. In the link to “The Energy Switch Guarantee - why it matters and how we’re doing” at: https://bulb.co.uk/blog/energy-switch-guarantee-2018 it mentions “USS are responsible for transferring all data between energy suppliers during a member’s switch.”, Can the full name of USS be shown next time the page is updated?

2. Although not proper to the “The Energy Switch Guarantee” are targets also set and measured for normal credit refund requests from customers?

Hey @Allanr

1. I’ll pass a note over to change it. The full name is Morrison Data Services Universal Supplier Solution.

2. There is not the same kind of guarantee for a normal credit refund. This is just part of our service promise. We can process once we’ve spoken to a member. This will be processed in 5-10 working days.

There can be the odd case where a payment fails. This is usually because a member’s direct debit is no longer active.