Just canceled my switch to Builb after recieving this e-mail from them.

Thanks so much for joining Bulb. As you might know, we have just one variable tariff. That means when energy costs go down, we pass on savings to all our members. When costs go up, we have to increase our prices for all of our members because our tariff reflects the true cost of energy.

You might have seen in the news that Ofgem has put up their safeguard prices again because wholesale energy prices have increased by 5% since June. If things don’t change, we may have to increase our prices this November. If we do increase prices, we promise to give you 60 days notice. We never charge exit fees, so you can leave us anytime at zero cost.

@jamesglasgow

Not sure why you are advising anyone on this forum that you are cancelling your switch to Bulb?

Seems pretty honest and upfront to me. Telling you prices MAY increase and you can jump ship if you like at no cost. Quite refreshing. I felt utterly trapped with npower to be honest. If you don’t like it, leave. Simple.

Hi @jamesglasgow - Thanks for getting in touch. We try to keep everything as simple as possible with our single tariff, but we appreciate that variable tariffs aren’t for everyone.

We do whatever we can to keep our prices as low as we possibly can. We’ve lowered our prices more than we’ve raised them since we began, and we don’t have fixed contracts or exit fees, so if you find a deal that’s preferable to you, you are free to leave.