Just lost Balance,

I have changed energy suppliers multiple times and have never lost my balance so thought i would change to bulb, had £38.54 left as was going to top up so read the instructions about putting in for 60 seconds, as per other company’s instructions then all my electric turned off, and meter went to £0. as my house doesn’t have a UPS could have damaged my electric equipment. I now read on this site that this money has been wiped and was then drawn to a small un-highlighted important part saying use all money up as this will be wiped, which should have been in Large and Block case to really warn people and also about all electrics will be turned off.

I had high hopes with Bulb but can’t believe I have lost and nearly £40 and also might have lost a hard drive.

I now find out that no one to speak till until Monday business hours. maybe you should give new customers more of a warming as this wasn’t very clearly marked on a poor printed quality paper that came with the prepaid mater card.

I have changed energy suppliers multiple times and have never lost my balance so thought i would change to bulb, had £38.54 left as was going to top up so read the instructions about putting in for 60 seconds, as per other company's instructions then all my electric turned off, and meter went to £0. as my house doesn't have a UPS could have damaged my electric equipment. I now read on this site that this money has been wiped and was then drawn to a small un-highlighted important part saying use all money up as this will be wiped, which should have been in Large and Block case to really warn people and also about all electrics will be turned off.

I had high hopes with Bulb but can’t believe I have lost and nearly £40 and also might have lost a hard drive.

I now find out that no one to speak till until Monday business hours. maybe you should give new customers more of a warming as this wasn’t very clearly marked on a poor printed quality paper that came with the prepaid mater card.

If I understand this correctly you read the instruction of your previous supplier when inserting the card supplied by Bulb? If this is the case you can’t really blame Bulb.

I don’t know what instructions are supplied with a new card by Bulb regarding first using their new card, but the instructions on the Bulb site are quite specific and in large text.

These are the instructions from the Bulb site

and

?? you understood incorrectly.

@BlueyOZYarram, then it sounds like you need to clarify.

?? you understood incorrectly.

What is that I misunderstood?

Your initial query said: “so read the instructions about putting in for 60 seconds, as per other company’s instructions”

Did you not get the emails from Bulb?
I found the switch and instructions very easy to complete.
I received this a week before switch date

Hi Sxxxxxxx,

We’ve just sent your electricity key to Home. When you get it, make sure you use up all the credit on your old supplier’s electricity key before using your new one.

All remaining credit will be wiped when you use your new key, so be sure to use it all up first.

For now, just put the kettle on and keep an eye on the letterbox.

Have a great week,
Team Bulb

Then the day before

Hi Sxxxxxxx

Congrats, Bulb is now your supplier for electricity. Doesn’t it feel good, all that green energy… energising you?

Before using your new electricity key you should use up your remaining credit. Once you switch over all remaining credit will be wiped. So don’t be too hasty with your new key.

It may be possible to get your credit refunded but you would need to contact the old supplier for this.

no email at all from the company just a letter grey let not big like that email would have read that a mile away. sorry about bad grammar |I meant other company i have switched too before stated this also but didn’t lose money are cut off power to all appliances. when key was inserted. i will call them tomorrow as i signed up via comparethemarket, and never received any emails letter from bulb i dont even know my account number etc. Thanks for nice reply Stevee2 thought it would be bad if that was all you get.

@BlueyOZYarram, I don’t believe that signing up through Compare the Market shoud change the communication you receive from Bulb.

Regarding your account number though, you don’t have one with Bulb.

Hi @BlueyOZYarram - I can’t see your account using the email address you used to sign up to the Bulb Community. Please give us a ring so we can get things sorted out. We’re on 0300 303 0635 and are open 9am-6pm Mon-Fri. Look forward to getting things ship shape. Thanks, Clem