Just Moved Home, No IHD

Hi all, just moved into a new aparment and started the switch from British Gas to Bulb. There is already a AS300P Smart Meter installed which I have read that Bulb are able to use. The apartment however did not come with a IHD for the meter and I can only assume a previous tenant has lost or broken it. Am I able to get a new one and will it be paired to the meter automatically or will I need an engineer visit? Thanks :slight_smile:

A new IHD can be supplied and paired remotely, without a technician having to visit.

In reality, the chances of this happening are zero, for all sorts of reasons, not least of which being Bulb supply SMETS2 displays that are not compatible with your SMETS1 meter. The most likely outcome is that your meters would have to be replaced.

Over the next 12-24 months the old SMETS1 meters will be enrolled in the DCC and become readable by all suppliers. I’ve no idea what will happen then in the instances that IHDs are lost/faulty. I suspect most suppliers don’t have a plan for this yet either.

In summary - don’t hold your breath!