Just moved in!

I’ve just moved into my new property that was already being supplied by Bulb. I spoke to someone on the phone who said to submit the meter readings for when I first moved in, so I won’t be billed for the gas and electric . But now I’m worried that by submitting them, bulb will charge me for the use! Can anyone advise?

You need to give meter readings taken on the day you moved in. You’ll be billed onwards based on those opening readings.

If there’s a disagreement between your opening readings, and the closing readings given by the person previously responsible for the property, then there will be a dispute to resolve. It’s best to take photos of the meters on the day you move in so that you’ve got proof you’re responsible only for usage after those readings.