Landis Gyr E470 Upgrade

Hello, I currently have a Landis Gyr E470 Meter since coming from british gas. Reading a few posts from last year on here apparently this is supposed to be upgraded at some point to be compatible with smets2, has there been any work on when exactly these upgrades are meant to take place? The last post I could find said they had been planned to happen before the end of last year?

Hi @SL5K :wave: thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the community :partying_face:

The DCC (smart network) are currently working area by area to upgrade smets1 meters to be compatible with smets2. This work was planned to finish at the end of last year but this deadline was not met. They continue to work into this year and hopefully we will be receiving readings from your meters very soon.

Best,

Jenny :star:

Thanks for the update, I’m assuming there is no way to find out what areas they are currenty working through to try and gauge some sort of time estimate?

Hi @SL5K :wave:

Unfortunately not as this is in the hands of the DCC. You will receive an email when we are able to connect to your meters and this should be fairly soon.

Best,

Are Bulb taking part in the DCC consultation on SMETS 1 meters ?

BTW the consultation ends today, 31 may 2022

We have a Smets1 Landis Gyr British gas smart meter, it has not worked for 4 or 5 years since joining bulb basicaly, about a month ago the gas reading coughed into life but as yet NO electricity readings, we are still completely unable to see what we spend until the monthly readings are sent

Bulb have never kept users engaged or updated about what the DCC is doing to Smets1 meters, infact normaly Smets1 questions are ignored

We never recieved any emails from Bulb when the gas suddenly started showing up on the IHD so dont hold your breath for that to happen, and there are issues with the IHD software upgrade, the daily Gas useage calculation is wayyy off

1 Like

Hi Jen, when you say “area by area” would you be able to say which areas have been switched over and which areas are left with a new estimate on the outstanding work ?

Hi @Paul-S :wave:

That’s a really good question- this is down to the DCC and I don’t know if we can see a view what areas they are working through. I can try and find this out to see what areas have been completed and where they will be working through next but I can’t guarantee I will be able to get this information.

Best,

1 Like