Large amount of credit

Hi,
wondering why I have a large amount of credit, all the time, even though I have submitted readings?
thanks

Hi, wondering why I have a large amount of credit, all the time, even though I have submitted readings? thanks

If your bills are accurately based on your regular monthly meter readings then why not go into “Payments and Statements” section on your dashboard account and reduce your monthly direct debit?

Hi @Brucems, you indeed have quite some credit on your account, so you could definitively reduce your payments to use up some of that credit :).

Is this not something that is automatically done by Bulb? :slight_smile:

@Brucems. Even if your account is in enough credit to cover your next payment the payment won’t automatically be stopped or reduced. This is because your payments are set to cover your annual cost of energy, and so over the course of a year, your account will move between credit and debit as your month to month usage varies.

As long as we have up to date meter readings we can either refund you the excess credit on your account (as we take payments in advance we require one months payment as credit at all times) or we can pause your payments. You can request this at any time. Just send us a quick email or call us on 0300 30 30 635 from Monday to Friday (9:00 am to 6:00 pm) and one of the team will do this for you.