Latest bill

Hi just wanted to query out lastest bill increase. By £20 or so, seems a lot.

Do you mean bill or direct debit?

Have you submitted a meter reading on time or record on an estimate?

This is a customer forum so I cant see your account details.

I have just realised today that there is a difference between a bill from bulb and direct debit payments. My bill is issued on the 31st where my energy usage will be taken from them and I will top up my account on the 1st. Chat with them I’m sure it’s the same for you. I highly recommend the online chat very fast and efficient members of the team

I have just realised today that there is a difference between a bill from bulb and direct debit payments. My bill is issued on the 31st where my energy usage will be taken from them and I will top up my account on the 1st. Chat with them I'm sure it's the same for you. I highly recommend the online chat very fast and efficient members of the team

Surely all energy companies are the same, did this not happen with your previous suppliers? My direct debit payments with my two previous energy suppliers were not constantly changed to align exactly the same as my energy bill.

Do I understand each month you do a manual top up?

With British gas I just paid when my bill came so quarterly. Sorry by top up I mean my direct debit payment that will top up by account

With British gas I just paid when my bill came so quarterly. Sorry by top up I mean my direct debit payment that will top up by account

I was with British Gas before switching to Bulb and my direct debit wasn’t changed to align with my actual bill. Did you pay British Gas by Direct Debit, because I don’t quite understand how you just paid when the bill came in?

PS.

I’ve just been looking at a British Gas web page and it appears they have a fixed direct debit and a variable direct debit. The fixed one is where they calculate your energy use or a year (in £s) and divide it by 12 in a similar fashion to Bulb. The variable DD is where the DD is changed to pay off your bill.

I had a bill sent to me every quarter and they used to take the payment for that my direct debit. March just gone I transferred to another tariff and they just billed me monthly but there prices were hiked so much I switched out of frustration. I’ve never paid monthly DD before joing bulb. It must have been the latter variable dd

@emmapearson

With British Gas I was billed quarterly but my DD was monthly, the same with SSE who I was also with before switching to Bulb.