Leaving a house empty

Hi
How do I inform bulb that a house will be left empty?

I can see on the move home that it asks for a date that legal responsibility ends, but this doesn’t help if the property if for sale .
I cant seem to find a contact number or email address

You don’t need do. Just because the house is empty, you’ll still be responsible for all the bills until such a time as you pass legal responsibility for the property on to someone else. If what you’re aiming to do is not have to pay the bills, the only way to do that is to expedite the sale of the house.

However, with everything turned off you’ll have only the standing charge to pay, so it’s not going to cost a lot.

Hi

I cant seem to find a contact number or email address

Did you check out the Help page for their contact details?

Thanks for this

I am just trying to stop the monthly DD going out of the bank at full rate. I understand that i will have to pay a standing charge but I am still being charged usage as well

Didn’t know whether to just ‘move home’ on the app and then be billed for the difference with final readings when the house is sold
Thanks

I am just trying to stop the monthly DD going out of the bank at full rate. I understand that i will have to pay a standing charge but I am still being charged usage as well

You can change the direct debt amount from your account profile. Just reduce it to whatever you want. Typically when joining a new service it’s best to look through all the account options to familiarise yourself with what is available, so that you know what you can do. I don’t mean to be rude, but did you even look at the options and services available to you in your account before asking?

Didn't know whether to just 'move home' on the app and then be billed for the difference with final readings when the house is sold

No, don’t “move out” until the house is sold. Change your direct debit to prevent a large credit building up, and then “move out” on the day the house is sold. Ideally, keep submitting your meter readings monthly if possible. You might have to contact Bulb to get them to believe your readings, if they are changing only slightly, or not changing at all because everything is turned off. Otherwise they’ll use estimates and your account will appear to be building up a large debt.

The phrase “move out” is a poor choice by Bulb because, as with here, it’s not actually relevant whether you’re living in the house, or moved out, or not. I suppose “notify that my legal responsibility for the property has ceased” is a bit of a mouthful, and “moved out” is apt for most circumstances.