Leaving after 3 years

Monthly increase from 100-00 to 188-00 a month, my account is 0-00 balance and i have offered to pay on receipt of bill but that is not good enough for bulb. If my usage reaches 110-00 per month i pay the additional top up straight away, i have offered to up my monthly direct debit to 120-00 and pay any excess on receipt of bill,still not good enough

1 Like

Absolutely in the same situation, £95 to £150 not on and I am in £160 credit - i am looking into a new provider just now.

1 Like

My payment has increased too to an amount I will never use per month, ile now get behind on other bills due to bulb, this is ridiculous, will we even get our credit back when they go under, I’m sure every customer is well in credit, but still they demand bigger payments and block you from changing it, wankers

1 Like

Look at the news. Bulb are apparently near collapse. This will explain the recent price hike. I paid an additional £200, and I’m £400 in credit now, go figure.

1 Like

Sky were spouting much the same a couple of weeks ago, and nothing came of it then.

No other major news channel appears to be running this “story”.

1 Like

They’ve already gone they are now only operating whilst a buyer is looked for and other close down procedures put in place

1 Like

I’ve opened an account with UW at my standard dd amount based on recent usage do no increase as yet.

1 Like

I can smell British gas raising it’s ugly head again where you has no say in your payments , never build a penny credit and cant speak to anybody but a virtual idiot

1 Like

Why would the BBC cover something which highlights further Government failings?

1 Like

Payment increased by 30% and I’m not even using this amount of fuel. I’m suppose to be paying for green energy not everyonelses

1 Like

My Account £90 in credit and a large DD increase attempt last month, using thier customers as interest free & unlicensed creditors…of course its all for my own good, because I cant possibly manage my own finances nor understand that my energy fuel useage is linked to seasonal outside air temperature, …little wonder they are on the brink…

1 Like

Thinking about leaving: my account is over £1000 in credit and no automatic refund, Bulb asking for new meter reading and then to go back to them and request a refund. Abbie M on the bulb chat bot fairly unhelpful and verging on rude when I am just asking for £1000 of my own money back! Shame Bulb has become like all the other energy companies - they had a great start - but may have lost their way, perhaps this in part explains the risk of collapse.