Leaving Bulb - Warm Home Discount 2019

Hi all,

I’ve today come across a very competitive energy tariff with another supplier, which means that, unfortunately, I am looking to begin the switching process away from Bulb very soon.

My questions are:

• As part of the Core Group for Warm Home Discount, will I have the WHD for this year credited to me along with the refund of my credit balance? Or will that be paid to me later?
  • If anybody uses my Bulb referral link between now and the go-live date with the new supplier, will that be credited to me?

Many thanks.

@Elucidate Hi there, in reply to your questions if you switch away it will be your new supplier which applies the WHD for you as our applications haven’t opened for the year yet.

And yes you will receive referrals money provided on the day the person signs up your are still supplied by us.

Let me know if you need further help :slight_smile:

@Elucidate Hi there, in reply to your questions if you switch away it will be your new supplier which applies the WHD for you as our applications haven't opened for the year yet.

And yes you will receive referrals money provided on the day the person signs up your are still supplied by us.

Let me know if you need further help :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply.

Where I said “this year”, I actually meant the WHD of 2018/9, whose qualifying date was 7th July 2019.

Thanks for the reply.

Where I said “this year”, I actually meant the WHD of 2018/9, whose qualifying date was 7th July 2019.

Shouldn’t it be 2019/2020 rather than 2018/2019.

It would seem Bulb are responsible for paying you according to this Age UK information: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/benefits-entitlements/warm-home-discount/

Hi @Elucidate, i’ve emailed you regarding your specific warm home discount situation. :slight_smile:

Hi @Elucidate, i've emailed you regarding your specific warm home discount situation. :)

So is Bulb responsible for paying the WHD In this sort of situation?

Hi @Elucidate, i've emailed you regarding your specific warm home discount situation. :)

Thanks for the clarification. I initiated my switch yesterday, and would like to thank Bulb for the smooth service I’ve had since joining.

So is Bulb responsible for paying the WHD In this sort of situation?

When I started off this thread, I knew Bulb were responsible as per Ofgem’s FAQ here:

My query was more regarding “when” I would receive the rebate, as opposed to “if”.

The rebate is typically received in October, although it can sometimes take a month or two longer.