Leaving Bulb

I’ve just recently joined bulb in August and have been awarded £50 credit as I joined through a friend.

I have paid my first prepayment and have now received an email to say prices are going up which will impact me by more than £20 per month which is about more than a 20% increase.

I’m therefore thinking of leaving as I signed up due to how cheap they were compared to competitors however this now brings them up and they are no longer the cheapest on the market.

I payed the full amount of the prepayment myself and so I still have that’s plus the £50 in my account as credit.

If I leave will I be made to pay back this £50 credit?

Thanks

Katie

Hey @Ksid

Sorry to hear you’re looking to leave. If you’re still in credit you will be able to request a refund - simply email help@bulb.co.uk or message one of the friendly faces at Bulb - here’s one! @“Eleanor at Bulb”

Heya @Ksid.

I’m sorry that the price rise happened just as joined us. We appreciate this is frustrating and understand that you may be able to find a cheaper supplier.

I have refunded the £50 to your bank account. It’ll take up to 5 working days to reach you. When you switch suppliers, we’ll ask you for your final meter’s readings. If there is still remaining credit on your account, we’ll refund you when we issue your final statement.

Heya @Ksid.

When you switch suppliers, we’ll ask you for your final meter’s readings.

Just a quick query why would Bulb ask for the final meter reading? I thought the process is that the customer would supply their meter readings to their new supplier who would pass them onto Bulb after the verification process.

I would think it is so they can issue a closing reading to finalise their final statement before they make a refund.

I would think it is so they can issue a closing reading to finalise their final statement before they make a refund.

I appreciate what you are saying but my understanding is that the closing reading would be supplied to Bulb by the new energy supplier. For example when I joined by Bulb I provided meter readings to Bulb a couple of days before my switch. These same readings were then supplied by Bulb to my previous energy suppliers to work out the final statement and any refunds.

All is explained on this page: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001227431-Do-I-need-to-tell-my-old-supplier-before-I-switch-

Hey @scudo and @Allanr. Your final meter reading is given to us by the new supplier but we do ask for one for reference. This is if we need to query it with the new supplier. Similarly, if the member moves out but we remain to be the supplier, we’ll need a closing reading.