Left bulb with credit

Hi,
I left bulb over a week ago with credit on my account, I left due to moving from the property I was in. I got my final statement. But the credit on my account has not been refunded to me yet?

Hi @Nic_Brown1 this is a customer forum so we won’t be able to give you a solution, more of just suggestions. From what you have said i would predict the money is on its way to you. Out of interest, did you keep your Bulb DD with your bank or did you cancel it when you left?

Well when I left Scottish gas it took 2 weeks and it’s been just over 2 weeks since I left bulb and I still haven’t received it. Can see this being a carry on. Yes of course it got cancelled when I shut my account and bulb estimated I owed them £0.52 when I got my final statement but have £140 in credit

Well when I left Scottish gas it took 2 weeks and it’s been just over 2 weeks since I left bulb and I still haven’t received it. Can see this being a carry on. Yes of course it got cancelled when I shut my account and bulb estimated I owed them £0.52 when I got my final statement but have £140 in credit

Can take up to 6 weeks to refund your credit.

Hi @Nic_Brown1, Allanr is correct. This can take up to 6 weeks to reach your bank account. Thanks, Maxwell