Live Chat waiting time

I’ve been waiting now nearly 30 mins for an agent to respond on the live chat facility - who knows how much longer it will be before an agent does, although it’s only supposed to take a ‘few’ minutes. Anyone else have this experience, or is this an anomaly? It’s a terrible impression of the bulb for someone who is new to it.

Normally it is quite quick but obviously dependent on how many of their 1 million customers are using it at any one time.
Going by the amount of smart meter questions at the moment I suspect they are being overcome with questions.

Going by the amount of smart meter questions at the moment I suspect they are being overcome with questions.
Are smart meters such an emotive subject? ;)
Are smart meters such an emotive subject? ;)

Not for us customers who currently don’t want one. =)

Like Allanr I dont want one anyway, even if I did I think its a bit like all new stuff they bring out it all seems to have teething problems and best to wait a year or two until they get it sorted, at least that’s my opinion.
Some things maybe I should update as still using an original Nokia 1310 and have a laptop with Winxp. :slight_smile:

Like Allanr I dont want one anyway, even if I did I think its a bit like all `new` stuff they bring out it all seems to have teething problems and best to wait a year or two until they get it sorted, at least that's my opinion. Some things maybe I should update as still using an original Nokia 1310 and have a laptop with Winxp. :)

I don’t want a smart meter until I’m forced to have one.

I for one don’t know why they are scrapping perfectly good meters for something else.

Also, forgive me for wearing a tinfoil hat, but smart meters introduce an attack vector that wasn’t there before. State sponsored hack attacks could cripple the country. Not saying it will happen, but when you introduce a wirelessly accessible relay capabable of shutting supply off it becomes a target.