Logging into app

Hi
I’ve been asked for my first meter reading. When I try to log into the app it says “oops we can’t find your account”. I’m using the email address you are emailing me at. I’ve also tried it on a couple of different devices with no luck. I’ve tried to log into my account on the website. I can get in as I know my password but it only gives me Help, Community or Sign Out. Nowhere to input meter readings or get any of my account info. Can you please help? I’ve emailed about this issue and emailed my meter reading but I’ve had another request for the reading and haven’t had a response so far.
Thanks

Hi I've been asked for my first meter reading. When I try to log into the app it says "oops we can't find your account". I'm using the email address you are emailing me at. I've also tried it on a couple of different devices with no luck. I've tried to log into my account on the website. I can get in as I know my password but it only gives me Help, Community or Sign Out. Nowhere to input meter readings or get any of my account info. Can you please help? I've emailed about this issue and emailed my meter reading but I've had another request for the reading and haven't had a response so far. Thanks

Hi there, did you manage to get this fixed?

Thanks,