Lost key

I have lost my electricity key. I have requested another one which may come on Tuesday. However, is Saturday now and I can’t get into contact with anyone from bulb. I am about to run out of electricity and the only way to activate the emergency credit is with the key I don’t have. Is there any other way to activate it?

I have lost my electricity key. I have requested another one which may come on Tuesday. However, is Saturday now and I can’t get into contact with anyone from bulb. I am about to run out of electricity and the only way to activate the emergency credit is with the key I don’t have. Is there any other way to activate it?

Did you notice a similar thread which has been posted on this forum earlier today: please see: https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/14408/help-lost-key#latest

I can’t activate the emergency credit as I don’t have a key.

I can’t activate the emergency credit as I don’t have a key.

I pointed out the previous thread as there appears to be a black hole in the system if you should lose a key or card which perhaps Bulb can plug with some better instructions on how to deal more efficiently with lost keys or cards over the weekend,

My only experience of pre payment meters is from an eternity ago when my parents used to put a “Bob” in the meter. Are the keys normally kept in the meter until such time as you have to top it up?

No the keys aren’t kept in the meter. You take it to the shop so they can add credit to it and then you insert it into the meter for a few seconds and then take it out. Our meter is located downstairs in the entrance of the block of flats we live in. So the key is kept away from the meter.

No the keys aren’t kept in the meter. You take it to the shop so they can add credit to it and then you insert it into the meter for a few seconds and then take it out. Our meter is located downstairs in the entrance of the block of flats we live in. So the key is kept away from the meter.

@Sonum

Thanks.