Mental health

Is there a special section where people help people like me who suffers from a mental health problem and is even scared using the phone

Is there a special section where people help people like me who suffers from a mental health problem and is even scared using the phone

There’s lots of articles in the knowledge base here. From there you can answer most questions without the need to contact anyone.

Bulb offer at least three ways tocontact them, only one of which is using the phone. Speaking as someone else that hates using the phone, to the point where I avoid it as much as absolutely possible, I find the webchat to be the most effective.

Do you have anything specific in mind that you would like to see?

Hi @eharmercollins. As @Hooloovoo said, you can email us at help@bulb.co.uk, or if you would prefer, you can use the live web chat function. I would also suggest that you could get in touch via Facebook messenger, or on Twitter if you prefer these channels.

You have raised a good point however, and I have passed on your query to see if there is any way we could better engage with people who wouldn’t like to get in touch through the traditional mediums of phone or email.