Meter change

I’m due to be switched to Bilb on 4/10
When I signed up, I read on your website, and have a screen shot of, that you will arrange to have my prepayment meters changed to credit meters by my old supplier, prior to the switch. But now I’m being sent card and key for my prepayment meters and it is going to cost me over £200 to change my meters to credit meters? I have recently moved into this property and don’t want nor need prepayment meters.

I'm due to be switched to Bilb on 4/10 When I signed up, I read on your website, and have a screen shot of, that you will arrange to have my prepayment meters changed to credit meters by my old supplier, prior to the switch. But now I'm being sent card and key for my prepayment meters and it is going to cost me over £200 to change my meters to credit meters? I have recently moved into this property and don't want nor need prepayment meters

You didn’t read anything on my website, like most people on here I’m just another customer. The replies you get on here will be from other customers like myself. If you want to talk to Bulb, I’d suggest using their actual customer service channels which are listed at the bottom of the “Help” page.

With that said, we might be able to offer some advice. Firstly - do you actually have smart prepayment meters? If so, these will be remotely configured to credit meters as indicated in the email, and the bit about the new key/card is just wrong.

If you have old style prepayment meters then something has gone wrong at the point of switch, because they will remain prepayment meters after switching. To convert these to credit meters requires a physical change of meter. Only smart meters can be remotely reconfigured. If this is the case for you then I’d suggest contacting Bulb urgently by phone to discuss how to proceed.