Meter off. Elderly lady has no gas on Saturday. Nobody wants to help!

So I try to help a friend I have referred to Bulb and she gladly switched however she has not received her card yet and the gas meter got off today after she topped up another 10 pounds on existing credit (It wasn’t zero but due to her age she does it in advance). Bulb auto message directed us to National Gas help Centre and the lady on the phone said they do not own the meters and they can’t repair them so we have to wait till Monday!
It’s wet and cold today and this is a really cold flat with single glazing. How on earth she must stay cold for 2 days when she just switched to Bulb? What does it says to her? I won’t be surprised if she leaves in a month or 2.
Please give me a hint what to do as she must somehow get her flat warm.
Peter (faithful Bulb customer nearly 10 succesul referrals but most important helped friends to get cheaper and renewable energy)

I believe that now Bulb supply pre-pay, they have a requirement to provide weekend support to those customers, but as a credit customer I can’t say I’ve heard much about it.

I don’t know whether pre-pay customers get a different number, or if people are starting to pick up the main support lines on weekends…

Can someone from Bulb confirm/deny this requirement and how someone should go about getting in touch?

@PeterEVdriver

did you get this resolved? was it it an issue with the gas supply or an issue with the heating system?

It was an issue with the gas meter itself but Bulb was not able to do it remotely (however I must admit they put a lot of effort to resolve the issue and we’re still trying till I managed to do it on my side).
They also asked me to provide a picture of the meter even after I fixed it to try to figure out how to help for the future customers.
So big kudos to Bulb customer service.
Only thing they need to change is to make some sort of help available for prepaid customers over the weekend as she was without heating from Friday eve to Monday 11am (when I managed to fixed the meter, by the way this smart meters are not easy to use even for mechanical engineer who trains others how to resolve complex issues so how about giving customers some sort of booklet with directions how to use it?)
Most of prepaid customers are older people who never changed to normal meter in their flat or bungalow so I don’t think they will figure out complexity of the smart meters.
Regards.
Peter

Only thing they need to change is to make some sort of help available for prepaid customers over the weekend as she was without heating from Friday eve to Monday 11am (when I managed to fixed the meter, by the way this smart meters are not easy to use even for mechanical engineer who trains others how to resolve complex issues so how about giving customers some sort of booklet with directions how to use it?)

Perhaps you could give some advice here for when other find themselves in a similar situation?

What did you have to do?